Due to safety concerns, Orono Intermediate School students are not allowed to walk to or from school, ride bicycles, or ride home with anyone other than their parents or parents’ designee.
Students will not be permitted to ride buses other than the one assigned without written permission from the office. Bus passes are not available for birthday parties, play activities, or sleepovers. Bus passes may be issued to students, as room permits, at the discretion of the building principal or designee.
Passes are to be presented to the bus driver upon entering the bus. Reasons for which bus passes may be issued include: childcare, family emergency, and activities such as dance/music lessons, medical/dental appointments, and scouting or religious events.
Drop Off and Pick Up by Parents
We encourage our students to ride the bus to reduce traffic congestion. However, it is understood that riding the bus is not always possible. If you need to drop off or pick up your child, we ask for your cooperation with the following procedures.
These guidelines reflect our top priority – the safety and welfare of your child. Please understand that when necessary, these procedures place safety as a priority over convenience.
K-5 Morning Drop off
- Drop off between 8:55-9:10 a.m.
- Use Door E1 at the Intermediate School
- Use Door E19 at Schumann Elementary
- Drop off traffic is one way so students can be dropped off at the curb.
- Pull forward as far as possible.
- Allow students to exit your vehicle on the curb side (passenger side) ONLY.
- Use the right lane ONLY when dropping off.
- Exit the drop off area cautiously.
- Do NOT drop off students anywhere in the LINK parking loop.
- If you need to enter the building, park your vehicle in a designated parking spot.
K-5 Pick Up
- Please do not arrive at the school earlier than 3:30 p.m. Students are dismissed at 3:40 p.m.
- PARK your vehicle in a designated parking spot, NOT at the curb.
- During the day, stop in the office to sign your child out. We will call your child to the office.
- At the end of the day, please sign your child out at the cafeteria.
- At Schumann Elementary, enter the cafeteria through one of the two exterior doors. Please wait for Schumann students and Intermediate School siblings in the cafeteria.
- Do NOT enter the Link Circle 8:30-9:30 a.m. or 3-4 p.m.
Additional information may be found on the district’s transportation page. Building transportation decisions are guided by the Student Transportation Safety Policy (#709).
If you are looking for a lost and found item, or a late bus, please contact the bus terminal at 952-475-0038.