Designed Around the Individual Needs of Children
Discovery Kids uses Creative Curriculum learning, a nationally recognized research-based curriculum designed around the individual needs of children birth to school-age.
Features of Creative Curriculum
- A rich environment enabling children to explore the world around them with all their senses.
- Play as the foundation for learning and discovery, which helps children become independent, self-confident,inquisitive learners.
- Development of the whole child – the social, emotional, cognitive and physical needs of young learners.
- Nurturing and supporting the individual needs of each child through activities, materials and interactions between adult care givers and the children.
- Core learning, providing developmentally appropriate experiences in literacy, problem solving/mathematics, science, fine arts, sensory and building activities, physical play and healthy habits and social skill development.
- Curriculum coordinated with Orono Schools expectations.
- Program integrated with Early Childhood Family Education, School Readiness.
- Parent education and support through parenting speakers, resource library, special events, parenting classes and consultation.
- Parent advisory council actively involved in program review and enhancement.
- Outstanding facility offering music, dance and art programs, and all early childhood programs in one location.