Youth in Government
Minnesota YMCA Youth in Government is a youth-led, experiential learning opportunity, which involves students from across the state each year. Participants research topics and prepare to present at the Model Assembly Session in January, held in Minneapolis and Saint Paul. Students participate as legislators, judges, media personnel, elected officials and more. Participants spend their days in official meetings and sessions and spend their evenings in structured free-time activities, including dances, karaoke, movies, a carnival and other options.
- Virtual Parent & Student Informational Session: Monday, October 4, 2021 from 6 – 7 pm – email email@example.com for the meeting link.
- Virtual Launch Event: Saturday, October 30, 2021
- Delegation Meeting: TBA (3 meetings will be held prior to Model Assembly)
- Model Assembly Conference: January 6 – 9, 2022
The Orono Delegation Director must be notified by a parent if a student will be dropping the program. Refunds are not guaranteed.
YMCA REGISTRATION PROCESS: Student registration will be a two-part process. It is important that the processes be done in order and by the right people (i.e., parents shouldn’t be managing the student portion, nor should advisors).
- Parents will go to the YIG website and click on “Register” and then on the “For Parents” button. This will launch Personify protocols, where the parent will provide demographic information about themselves and their student, as well as providing payment information.
- Once complete, Personify will pass student information along to REGY (and will do this about every 2 – 3 minutes, so it will not be instant, but still quick)
- REGY will send an email to the student, telling them to log into REGY and complete the process.
- Students will follow the link and provide program area choices and other information to get ready for Model Assembly. STUDENTS WILL NOT BE REGISTERED IF THEY DON’T DO THEIR PART.
- A student may follow the “For Students” button on the YIG website but will only be able to complete their registration if their parent has done the first step. They will be able to put in info but will not get the “register” button in REGY and will not have a complete program registration.
Contact Orono’s Delegation Director