Kindergarten – Grade 5
Monday – Friday (School Year Hours: 7 am – 5:45 pm)
952-449-8363 | email@example.com
Spartan Kids is a year-round school age child care program located in the Orono Intermediate School within the Orono School District for children Kindergarten – 5th Grade. At Spartan Kids, we provide children opportunities to learn through a wide variety of activities such as art, music, science projects, games, writing, reading, crafts, outdoor play, practicing social skills, gym time, dramatic play and much more! There is a balance of activity options that includes large group, small group and individual choices.
Types of Care Available
- Before and After School: For families who are seeking care beyond school hours. Register for care before school, after school, or both.
- Non-School Days: For families who are currently enrolled in the program when school is in session, but also need care on non-school days.
- Summer: For families seeking care over the summer when school is not in session.
www.oronocommunityed.com → “Explore All Programs” → “Spartan Kids” → “Registration”
- Registration for the 2022-23 school year will open to ALL families on Tuesday, August 2 at 10 am. At this time, anyone (current or new families) are able to create a pending contract for Kindergarten – 5th grade before and after school childcare. Current families will receive priority in creating a pending contract from Tuesday, August 2 at 10 am until Tuesday, August 9 at 10 am. After this time, contracts for new families will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis in order of submission from when registration opened on August 2, 2022. If you need care for the 2022- 23 school year, it is highly recommended for current and new families to register as soon as possible as spots fill up quickly. Contracts will be accepted on a space available basis based on current staffing capacities.
Parents are asked to enroll their children in Spartan Kids on a consistent schedule – three to five days, for the same days each week. Changes to a schedule must be requested online (see “How do I change my child’s Spartan Kids schedule?” below for specifics). Requests will be approved on a space–available basis and there will be a $15 fee per child for each change.
Benefits of Spartan Kids
- Flexible enrollment options including before and/or after school three to five days per week.
- Extended hours (7 am – 5:45 pm for the 2022–23 school year) to accommodate the schedule of working parents.
- Full-day programming on non-school days and during the summer.
- Conveniently located in the Orono Intermediate School.
- Complementing and supporting your child’s school experience.
- A fun, family-like atmosphere.
- Building children’s positive self-esteem and personal skills.
- Maintaining and modeling nurturing relationships between all individuals.
- Partnering with parents in supporting each child’s development and maturation.
- Complying with all Minnesota guidelines for quality child care under the direction of the Orono School District Board of Education as a part of the Community Education Department.
Summer Child Care
Spartan Kids offers 10 weeks of summer care fun. There are Friday field trips, many great activities including swimming and weekly in-house field trips. Students enrolled in summer care take part in the Community Education Enrichment Program. The summer program includes nutritious snacks and a light breakfast. Inclusive accommodations for children with special needs.
Katie Gram, Site Coordinator
School Year 2021-22 Registration Information
Requests for enrollment will be approved on a space available basis and enrollment in the program cannot be guaranteed. There is a $45 non-refundable registration fee due at the time of registration.
Orono Community Education uses Eleyo for registering for Community Education classes, including Spartan Kids. Eleyo allows you to manage your Spartan Kids schedule online, register for all non-school days, pay with your credit/debit card or checking/savings account, view and print invoices, and print tax and dependent care receipts throughout the year.
Using the steps below, you will create an account for yourself and a profile for all of your family members. Then you can register for Spartan Kids. This process should take approximately 25 minutes to complete.
First create an account for yourself and then create a profile for your child(ren). Click this link: https://orono.ce.eleyo.com/ and use the steps below.
Eleyo Login and Set-up
- Go to: https://orono.ce.eleyo.com/. NOTE: Eleyo works best when using the Google Chrome browser.
- Select in the upper, right corner of the screen. If you already have an Eleyo Account, enter your email and password to log in and skip to Register for Spartan Kids below. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one by selecting Sign Up.
- Complete the Register a New Account Form and select Create Account. Please note: The account should be created in the parent’s name.
- Next, log in using your email address and password. NOTE: An email will be sent from Eleyo with a link to verify your account.
- Once logged in, select Manage Relationships on the dashboard to add a family member.
- Select Add Family Member/Relationship to add family members. If you have an elementary-aged child, select your child’s grade from the drop down menu then select the current (or upcoming school year, depending on when you are registering) from the School Year drop down to indicate your child’s grade.
- Select Create Person to complete the profile. Add all family members.
- After you have finished setting up your account and created a Profile for your child, you have completed the Account set-up process and are ready to register your child(ren) in the Eleyo system.
Spartan Kids Registration
- From your main page in Eleyo after logging in, select Explore All Programs in the top right hand corner, then choose Spartan Kids.
- Select your child from the list on the left. After verifying your child’s information, select “Looks Good, Start Registering”.
- Add at least three Emergency contacts for your child’s account and select Continue.
- Choose the location your child will attend Spartan Kids and select Continue.
- Please read and agree to the Terms and Conditions and select Continue.
- Select your child’s start date and what days of the week they will be attending and select Continue.
- Next, answer all questions and select Complete Questions and Continue at the bottom of the page.
- Add a saved Payment Method and enter your payment information. Please note: You will not be charged the registration fee until your contract is approved. Then, select Complete Registration.
- You will be led to a confirmation page.. You may also register another child for Explorers Club from this page.
- You will receive an email confirming your schedule and notifying you that your contract is waiting for review. Once our staff has approved the schedule, you will receive another email with a confirmation. Please note: During the school year, you may change your schedule at any time; however, changes must be made at least two weeks before the affected change date and are accepted on a space available basis. There is a $15 schedule change fee per child each time you change your schedule.
Additional Registration Details:
- Consistent Schedule Format – You must select a minimum of 3 days per week – must be the same days each week (for example: M, W, F mornings, or M – F Before and After)
- Registration preference will be given to those who need full–time care (M – F Before AND After school)
- A non–refundable registration fee of $45 per child will be charged when your contract is accepted.
- Once your contract is accepted, you are responsible to pay even if your child does not attend on a contracted day. You will not be reimbursed for any days missed.
- After your family’s enrollment has been continuously maintained FULL-TIME for six months, you will earn vacation days based on the number of days per week you are contracted (vacation time is a benefit offered only to our full time families).
At this time, we are not able to add drop-in days to student’s regular schedules due to the changing environment and added health and safety protocols we must follow within our program.
Families can request a change in their child’s schedule at any time through Eleyo. Please remember that two weeks are required to make a schedule change and are accepted on a space available basis. Please note: Eleyo refers to a student’s schedule as their “Student Contract.” Make sure to do this for each child.
- Log on to https://orono.ce.eleyo.com/ Please note: Eleyo works best when using the Google Chrome browser.
- Select Explore All Programs.
- Select View Your Dashboard.
- Under Your Accounts, select your Spartan Kids Child Care account.
- Under Current and Upcoming Contracts, select your current contract.
- Select Change Schedule.
- Select your new schedule and select Submit Contract Schedule Changes.
A non–refundable registration fee of $45 per child will be charged when your contract is accepted.
Fees for 2022 – 2023 School Year:
Before School (7 – 9 am) $22 per day
Before School (8 – 9 am) $14 per day
After School (3:45 – 5:45 pm) $22 per day
After School (3:45 – 4:45 pm) $14 per day
Non-School Days (separate registration) $50 per day
Schedule Change Fee $15
Finder’s Fee $20
(Staff having to call/look for your child after school if you do not call/email)
Late Non-School Day Registration Fee $15
Late Pick Up Fee (1 – 5 minutes) $20
Late Pick Up Fee (6 – 10 minutes) $25
Late Pick Up Fee (11 – 15 minutes) $30
Late Pick Up Fee (16 – 30 minutes) $35
Late Pick Up Fee (31 – 45 minutes) $45
- All Spartan Kids families have an account in our Eleyo system. This account can be used to request contracts (registration), track and make payments, look up account balances, request non-school day care and more. We charge a daily rate. Fees vary for summer and school year care. Invoices will be generated through the Eleyo system and sent by email. Parents are expected to pay their contracted monthly tuition rate whether or not their child is in attendance.
- A 2-week notice is required to make changes to your child’s schedule. A schedule change fee of $15/child will be automatically charged to your child care account. Schedule changes will be accepted on a space available basis.
- Non–school days are a separate registration. Registration for non–school days are only available to those with a school year contract. An email will be sent with instructions on how to register for non–school days.
Invoices will auto charge on the due date. However, families can make a payment at any time to their Spartan Kids Account.
Please follow the instructions below:
- Log in to your Eleyo account at https://orono.ce.eleyo.com/. Please note: Eleyo works best when using the Google Chrome browser.
- Select Explore All Programs.
- Select View Your Dashboard.
- Under Your Accounts, select your current Spartan Kids Child Care account.
- Under Latest Invoice, select Pay.
Spartan Kids families can go into their Eleyo account at any time and update their auto payments on file.
- Log into your Eleyo Account at https://orono.ce.eleyo.com/. Please note: Eleyo works best when using the Google Chrome browser.
- At the upper right corner, select Explore All Programs.
- Select View Your Dashboard on the upper right side.
- Under Your Accounts, select your current Spartan Kids Child Care account.
- On your account page, scroll down to Auto Payments.
- Select Choose a Different Payment Method.
- Select Add Saved Payment Method, enter your information, and select Save the Payment Method.
- Select the new saved payment method from the left side and select Use Selected Payment Method.
Families may also contact the Spartan Kids Site Coordinator, Katie Gram, at firstname.lastname@example.org to update their auto pay.
After your family’s enrollment has been continuously maintained FULL-TIME for six months, you earn vacation days based on the number of days you attend (vacation time is a benefit offered to our full time families). Full time means that your child is contracted on a consistent schedule 3 or more mornings, afternoons, or mornings and afternoons. At no time is a vacation day able to be used while your child is in attendance. Depending on the time of notice, vacation credits may be reflected in the following months invoice. You will need to request to use vacation days via email.
Spartan Kids families can log into their Eleyo account at any time and download previous invoices. If you need signatures for Reimbursement Plans, please contact Katie Gram at email@example.com.
How to view and download invoices:
- Log into your Eleyo account at https://orono.ce.eleyo.com/. Please Note: Eleyo works best when using the Google Chrome browser.
- Explore All Programs
- Select View Your Dashboard in the upper right corner
- Under Your Accounts, select your current Spartan Kids Child Care account.
- Under Account Management, select View under Latest Invoice. From there, you are able to view previous invoices and print them. You will see the Tax ID on downloaded invoices.
Spartan Kids families can log into their Eleyo account after January 1 or later to download year-end statements for the previous year(s).
Procedure to view/print Year End Payment Summary:
- Log in to your Eleyo account at https://orono.ce.eleyo.com/
- Select Explore All Programs
- Select View Your Dashboard
- Under Your Accounts, select your current Spartan Kids Child Care account
- Under Account Management, select Download Tax Information
- Download, view and/or print your year-end statement. The Federal Tax ID Number will be on your downloaded year-end statement.
Spartan Kids child care for students in Kindergarten – 5th grade is offered before and after school at Orono Intermediate School (685 Old Crystal Bay Road N., Long Lake, MN 55356).
Spartan Kids is offered on most non-school days. These days offer a variety of activities and field trips. Non-school days require a separate registration to accommodate individual family’s scheduling needs. Any non-school day is taken out of the regular Spartan Kids calendar for billing purposes and families will be billed the daily non-school day rate. Non-school days are available to currently contracted families only. Emails will be sent to currently contracted families with instructions on how to register. Click here
for 2022-23 non-school days.
for dates Spartan Kids is closed during the 2022-23 school year.
Pick up and drop off will be at the Intermediate School building (685 N. Old Crystal Bay Rd). In order to keep minimal interactions in the building, we will meet you at Door E4 for drop off and pick up. Parents are asked not to come into the building. Please make sure to complete a daily health screen/well check prior to dropping off your child.
You will be asked to check your child/ren in and out each day at the entrance to Spartan Kids (Intermediate School Door E4).
- Enter off of Wayzata Blvd (athletic area access road) and take your first right towards the maintenance buildings. Proceed towards the cul-de-sac.
- Pull into one of the 12 marked spots for drop off and pickup.
- You will need to exit your car with your child and check them in and out with Spartan Kids staff at Door E4.
- Exit the drop off & pick up area by returning down the road past the maintenance buildings and either go left to get back to Wayzata Blvd. or right towards the activities center and high school lot.
Children will be asked and/or assisted in washing their hands or using hand sanitizer upon entering the building. Staff will check the child in on the iPad. Please make sure anyone picking up or dropping off your child is on your student’s authorized pickup list and brings their driver’s license. We take safety precautions very seriously to ensure all students are picked up by the proper authorized adult.
- There is one designated door for entering and exiting the building. (Door E4)
- Ideally, the same parent or designated person should drop off and pick up the student (s) every day. If possible, older people such as grandparents or those with serious underlying medical conditions should not pick up children.
- If the person picking up is not a parent, the authorized pickup will be required to show their ID. If you need to add an authorized pickup person to your list, you may do so online through your childcare account, or send me an email that includes first and last name, phone number, and relation to your student, and I can add them on my end of our registration system.
Because we share a drop off and pick up location with the Intermediate School, please note the following:
Drop off in the morning is available from 7 – 8:30 am
Pickup in the afternoon is available from 4:15 – 5:45 pm
Release of Children
Spartan Kids will not release a child to any person or persons without prior permission from the parent or guardian. Those authorized to pick up your child should be entered online under “Authorized Pickup.” If a person other than the parent or those designated is picking up the child, Spartan Kids staff must be notified in writing. Should an unexpected situation occur, a parent must call to inform the Spartan Kids staff that another authorized person will pick up the child and give a description of the person. The person will be asked to show identification. Please notify the Spartan Kids office in writing if you want to authorize additional adults to pick up your child.
In divided custody situations, we cannot legally keep either parent from picking up his or her child from Spartan Kids unless there is a restraining order from the Courts and a copy is on file in the Spartan Kids office.
Unauthorized Pickup: If there is anyone not-authorized to pick up your child, this information should also be listed in your account profile and the program supervisor must be notified so information is kept on file.
If your child will not be attending the program because of a scheduled appointment, or other planned absence after school, please call 952-449-8363 or email Katie Gram at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your child is ill, when you call the school to report the illness or pick up your child from school, please also inform Spartan Kids. The school does not contact Spartan Kids if your child will not be in attendance.
If a child does not arrive at Spartan Kids after school as intended, the site supervisor will:
- Contact the school to see if the child was in attendance.
- Contact the parents.
- If the parents cannot be reached, persons listed as Authorized Pick Ups or Emergency Contacts will be called.
- If no one knows the whereabouts of the child, the authorities will be called.
We take our responsibility to care for your child very seriously. If you neglect to notify us of your child’s absence and staff spends time trying to find your child, a $15 finder’s fee will be assessed. This fee will be applied EACH TIME staff need to try and find your child.
All snacks and meals will be eaten with student’s pod classrooms.
- Breakfast: Breakfast will be provided to Spartan Kids through the School Lunch Program. Breakfast will start at 8:15, and each pod will be assigned a specific time they will go to the cafeteria to pick up breakfast. If your child misses their assigned breakfast time, they will be able to get breakfast at 8:55 when it is available to all students arriving at school.
- Snack: Spartan Kids will provide an afternoon snack on school days.
Breakfast, lunch, and snack information for non-school days will be provided to those registered.
If your child has an allergy (food or other) that requires medication, parents must bring their child’s Allergy Action Plan, a Medical Release form and their medications to the site on their first day. Additional information regarding allergies will be sent to parents via email.
Spartan Kids closes at 5:45 pm (2021 – 2022 school year). All children must be picked up no later than 5:45 pm. Parents must have an emergency pickup plan if they are unable to pick up their child by 5:45 pm. It is understood that conditions are sometimes beyond one’s control (inclement weather, traffic, etc.) but if these conditions arise, it is imperative that you make plans for someone you have designated as an alternate pick-up person to pick up your child on time and call the program staff immediately.
In the event that your child is still at the program after closing and we have not heard from you, we will take the following steps (in order):
- Attempt to reach you at your home, work or cell phone number.
- Call the people you listed as authorized to pick up your child.
Late Fees for the 2021 – 2022 school year are listed below:
Late Pick Up Fee (1 – 5 minutes) $15
Late Pick Up Fee (6 – 10 minutes) $20
Late Pick Up Fee (11 – 15 minutes) $25
Late Pick Up Fee (16 – 30 minutes) $30
Late Pick Up Fee (31 – 45 minutes) $40
Staff will remain with the child(ren) until 6:30 pm. If staff has not been contacted by that time and no one on the emergency form can be reached, the child(ren) may be released to the local police department. Continued late pick up will result in a warning and may result in termination from the program.
1.Login to your Eleyo account at https://orono.ce.eleyo.com/
2.Explore All Programs
3.Select Spartan Kids Child Care
4.Select Account Management
5.Select Managed Authorized Pickups
6.Select Add Authorized Pickup
7.Save Authorized Pickup to save their information
8.To remove an Authorized Pickup, select the red button on the right side of their information.
You may also email Katie Gram, the Spartan Kids Site Coordinator at email@example.com.
Please include the following:
- First and Last Name of authorized person
- Relationship to child/children
- Phone Number