COVID-19 Updates & Safety Protocols
- Participants must wear a face covering when entering and leaving the building and while on the swim deck.
- Remember to practice social distancing at all times by keeping 6 feet apart.
- Lap swim is limited to 2 swimmers per lane starting at opposite ends. Lane assignments will be marked on the board daily. No walk-ins accepted during this time. Only sign up for the dates you are able to attend. Contact Joe at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for a time slot.
- Swimmers must bring their own equipment.
- No use of pool locker rooms. Hallway bathrooms are available.
- Arrive as close to your start time as possible and leave promptly after. Please no congregating in the school building.
- There will be orange X’s on the bleachers marking where personal belongings can be left.
Minnesota Health Code
- NO person with or suspected of having a communicable disease, which could be transmitted through use of the pool shall work at or use any public pool.
- A person with a considerable area of exposed tissue, open blister, or cuts must be warned that these may become infected and should be advised not to use the pool.
- Any person using a public pool must take a cleansing shower before entering the pool and must re-shower after using the toilet before reentering the water.
- Spitting, spouting water from the mouth and blowing your nose in the pool is prohibited.
- No running, boisterous or rough play, except supervised water sports, is permitted in the pool, dressing rooms or shower rooms, on runways, or on diving boards or platforms.
- Glassware and similar materials with a tendency to shatter on impact is not allowed in the pool area.
- Diving is only permitted in designated areas.
- Domestic animals are not permitted in the pool, showers, or dressing rooms.
General Pool Rules
- Remove shoes before entering pool area (swim shoes and flip flops are ok if clean)
- Everyone must shower before entering the pool
- No food or drink in pool area or locker rooms
- No gum allowed while in the pool
- No head first entry into shallow water
- No horseplay
- Remove bandages before entering the water
- Stairs and ladders are for entering and exiting the pool
- No glass containers in the pool area
- No swimming under the diving board
- WALK at all times
- Children under 50 inches of height must be accompanied by an adult in the water (within arm’s reach) 100% of the time (a swim test may be given at lifeguard’s discretion)
- School-age children must use appropriate locker rooms
- Swim diapers must be used for children who are not potty trained
- Follow lifeguard instructions at all times
Diving Board and Jumping Station Rules
- Only 1 person may jump or dive at a time
- No running on the deck or to the board to jump
- Swim to the appropriate ladder- diving board: far corner ladder, jumping station: straight across to ladder near red lane line
- The next person may jump after the first person reaches the ladder
- Only 1 bounce
- No googles on the diving board. Googles may be used at the jumping station
- Jump straight off, not to the sides
- No flips, spins, twists, anything backwards, or flops of any kind
- You must be able to swim to the ladder independently
Open Swim Policies
- No snorkels or masks may be used during open swim
- No inflatable devices may be used
- Do not slap pool noodles on the water or others swimmers
- Keep mouths off of pool noodles and play balls
- No dodge ball or throwing balls at others
- Only Coast Guard approved life jackets are allowed and only when an adult (16 years or older) is in the water and within arms reach.
- Kick boards are for lap swim only
- No use of the diving blocks during open swim
Lap Swim Policies
- Lap swimmers must be 15 years of age or older unless prior approval has been established by the Aquatics Coordinator
- During Lap/Open swim hours, lap swimmers are to limit their swimming to the designated lanes
- Lap lanes are first come first serve basis. Lap swimmers are encouraged to circle swim
- Lane lines may be put in upon request