Minnesota Health code
- NO person with or suspected of having a communicable disease, which could be transmitted through use of the pool shall work at or use any public pool.
- A person with a considerable are of exposed tissue, open blister, or cuts must be warned that these may become infected and should be advised not to use the pool.
- Any person using a public pool must take a cleansing shower before entering the pool and must reshower after using the toilet before reentering the water.
- Spitting, spouting water from the mouth and blowing nose in the pool is prohibited.
- No running, boisterous or rough play, except supervised water sports, is permitted in the pool, dressing rooms or shower rooms, on runways, or on diving boards or platforms.
- Glassware and similar materials with a tendency to shatter on impact are not allowed in the pool area.
- Diving is only permitted in designated areas.
- Domestic animals are not permitted in pool enclosure, showers, or dressing rooms.
General pool rules
- Remove shoes before entering pool area ( swimming shoes and flip flops are ok if clean)
- Everyone must shower before entering the pool
- No food or drink in pool area or locker rooms
- No gum allowed while in the pool
- No head first entry into shallow water
- No horseplay
- Remove bandages before entering the water
- No person with open sores or communicable disease will be allowed in the pool
- Stairs and ladders are for entering and exiting the pool
- No glass containers in the pool area
- No swimming under the diving board
- WALK at all times
- Non swimmer children under 50 inches of height must be accompanied by an adult in the water (within arm’s reach) 100% of the time ( a swim test may be given at Lifeguard’s discretion)
- School aged children must use appropriate locker rooms
- Swim diapers must be used for children who are not potty trained
- Follow Lifeguard instructions at all times
Diving Board and Jumping Station Rules
- Only 1 person may jump or dive at a time
- Walking at all times- No running on deck or board to jump
- Swim to the appropriate ladder- diving board: far corner ladder, jumping station: straight across to ladder near red lane line
- The next person may jump after the first person reaches the ladder
- Only 1 bounce
- No googles on the diving board, may be used at the jumping station
- Jump straight off, not to the sides
- No flips, spins, twists, anything backwards, and no flops of any kind
- You must be able to swim to the ladder independently
Open Swim Policies
- No snorkels or masks may be used during open swim
- No inflatable devices may be used
- No slapping the noodles on the water or others
- Keep mouths off of noodles and play balls
- No dodge ball or whipping balls at others
- Only coast guard approved lifejackets are allowed and only when an adult (16 years or older) is in the water and within arms reach.
- Kick boards may only be used by lap swimmers
- No use of the diving blocks during open swim
Lap Swim policies
- Lap swimmers must be 15 years of age or older unless prior approval has been established with the Aquatics Coordinator
- During Lap/Open swim hours, lap swimmers are to limit their swimming to the designated lanes
- Lap lanes are first come first serve basis. Lap swimmers are encouraged to circle swim
- Lane lines may be put in upon request