Thank you for your interest in Orono Schools!
Enrolling your child(ren) in one of Minnesota‘s finest school districts is simple.
Parents or legal guardians of children residing within the Orono School District Boundary Map should start the registration process by filling out an Address Verification Form at the District Office (685 Old Crystal Bay Rd. N., Long Lake). Please bring a lease, rental or settlement statement from closing, or current utility bill in your name of the in-district address.
If you do not reside within the Orono School District boundary, please see Open Enrollment or contact Marcia Zajac at 952-449-8308 or email@example.com
After an Address Verification Form is completed and residency is verified, you will be directed to the appropriate schools for enrollment packets.
In order to complete your child’s enrollment, you will be required to provide the following documents:
- Birth certificate or passport (a copy will be made)
- Immunization record – State law requires parents provide written proof of their child’s immunization of the following diseases: DTP (diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis a.k.a. whooping cough), varicella (chicken pox), MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) and Hepatitis B. Also, students in grades 7 – 2 must show proof of a second MMR and current tetanus immunization. Children will not be allowed to attend school until a record of the month, day and year of each of the required immunizations has been provided. Families who object to the immunizations must provide a notarized declination form. The web site, www.health.state.mn.us/immunize, lists all required immunization information.
- Questions regarding immunizations can also be directed to the district nurse at 952-449-8317.
- Early childhood (preschool) screening record for children entering Kindergarten or First Grade (All children entering kindergarten in Minnesota are required by law to complete a screening.) Children are screened for vision, hearing, communication skills and social and emotional development. Screening is done at the Discovery Center (5050 Independence St., Maple Plain). Appointments take about 45 to 60 minutes and are free of charge. Call 763-479-1530 ext. 214 to schedule a screening.
- A copy of transcript or grades from previous schools and test results if available. If not available, please have the name and address of the last school attended so we can request records.
Additional documentation if applicable:
- Custody order: If your legal guardianship is determined by a court order, please submit a copy.
- Gifted evaluation: If you are requesting placement or an evaluation for an advanced course, please submit documentation (report cards and state test scores) for the program coordinator.
- Individual Education Plan (IEP) or 504 Plan: If your student has an IEP or 504 Plan, providing a copy of the plan and Educational/Psychological Assessment Report will help us determine your student’s proper placement in a timely manner.
- Legal name change: All student records need to show the student’s full legal name. If the student’s name has been legally changed, please provide a copy of the court document.
- Order for Protection: If there is a current circumstance that we need to be aware of, please provide a copy of the legal document.