Dear Orono Activities Center Members,
Thank you for your patience during this temporary closure. You may have heard that Governor Walz and the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) have issued new guidelines (Executive Order 20-74) for the re-opening of gyms and fitness centers. Here’s what you need to know:
Activities Center re-opens Monday, June 15, 2020
We are excited to welcome you back to the Orono Activities Center on Monday, June 15, 2020. This re-opening date gives us time to schedule staff and provide additional health and safety training under the new state guidelines. The Activities Center will be open:
- Monday through Friday 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Membership renewals extended 90 days
The Activities Center closed on March 15, 2020. The re-opening date of June 15 allows us to push membership renewal dates out exactly 90 days. For example, if your membership expired on April 15, your new renewal date will be July 15.
Capacity, Social Distancing and Health Protocols
The Orono Activities Center will re-open on June 15 at 25% capacity to accommodate health and safety protocols. What does this mean for you?
- You are asked to wear a mask as you transition to and from the Activities Center. You may store your mask in your personal bag during your workout. This will be an important protocol until the state determines that social distancing is no longer needed.
- Please check in at the main entrance with your member badge each time you visit.
- Enclosed fitness/weight rooms will be limited to 10 people at one time. We have reconfigured space in the Activities Center to make more equipment available, outside the enclosed rooms, to serve you.
- Courts will be limited to 10 people. Each court will be curtained off to help with social distancing.
- There will be sign-up sheet at the front desk for first-come, first-served access to the fitness center, weight room, and each of the five courts.
- We will not being allowing any basketball/volleyball games.
- No equipment will be provided. Please bring your own equipment.
- Showers will not be available, only changing areas at this time.
- As an Activities Center member, you have full access to the outside track and turf field in Pesonen Stadium.
Supervision of Minors
Please remember that children under the age of 14 must be supervised at all times by an adult 18 years or older.
If you have any questions, please email the Activities Center at firstname.lastname@example.org. See you soon!