We’re building excitement! View Construction Progress of Indoor Activities Center

Yearbook staff reflects, anoints new leaders

Post 4 of 37

After theme planning, designing and editing since May 2017, the editors of this year’s Orono High School yearbook distributed the final 16-page spring supplement of the Spartan Annual on May 25.

“Planning the yearbook took a lot of time, but I am excited for everyone to see the final product,” editor Alyssa Denneson said.

The team of four editors – Denneson, Emily Goman, Tori Everson and Claire Henneman – put forth countless hours to preserve this year’s memories.

“It is hard to believe that my time at Orono is coming to an end. I cannot think of a better way to leave my mark on the school than being a yearbook editor,” Henneman said.

They managed to squeeze in an early-morning meeting before school May 10 to help anoint next year’s leaders.

“It is surreal that my four years of being on the yearbook staff is coming to an end,” Everson said.

Current editors were given a crown and wand along with a first-place ribbon for their achievements, and the group celebrated with blowing bubbles. Newly-appointed editors celebrated with certificates and selfies.

“I’m so excited to be one of the editors-in-chief this year. I can’t wait to bring my visions in design and art to the students of Orono High,” said newly-appointed editor-in-chief Carolyn Fritz.

Selected as the 2018-19 leaders by adviser Sarah Cole are: Editors-in-Chief Fritz, Katherine Gilster and Hannah Thillman; Project Manager Ellen Kittridge; Business Manager Lauren Proulx; and Portraits Editor Caroline Gardner.

Attention Class of 2019: Read this letter to meet deadlines for next year’s yearbook!

Four outgoing editors and four incoming editors

This year’s editorial staff of the yearbook celebrates a job well done and anoints next year’s leaders.

MENU