We’re building excitement! View Construction Progress of Indoor Activities Center

School Board approves OHS winter coaches

Post 3 of 11

Spartan logoThe slate of Orono High School winter athletic coaches was approved by the School Board at its meeting November 27.

One of the changes from last year is a “swap” in the boys’ hockey program between Mark Parrish and William Scholz. Parrish, who has served as head coach for the past two years, will be an assistant varsity coach while Scholz will take on the responsibilities of the head coach. He formerly served as an assistant varsity coach.

“Due to business opportunities, family and other commitments, I need to take a step back from coaching duties to best these areas,” Parrish explained. “I am committed to being part of the program, but we will have a new person leading the program who has been a successful part of the program. I want to thank Orono Schools and the administration for the opportunity to be the head coach. I have loved working with the kids.”

“Thank you to the players and parents for welcoming me in this transition,” Scholz added. “I am excited about this opportunity. Coaching with Mark has been a privilege. I am proud to move forward with this great group of players. The potential for a successful season is in place. Our plan is to move forward to continue to have the proud program that has already been established.”

Said OHS Athletic Director Bucky Mieras, “Mark is still an integral part of the program, just in a different role. Mark is a remarkable person who gave his time and energy to better serve our program.”

To see a complete list of the OHS winter coaches, view the personnel report from the board agenda here.

MENU